It’s hard to believe there are only two more days of school until summer “officially” starts!
There are so many year-end activities that take place at the school, but there’s one community-based activity that happens every year on the last day of school….it’s a BYOF (Bring Your Own Fun) event in Vermont Square (just north of the school). Each year, families head to the park after pick-up with their own blankets, snacks, and (of course) water toys (and water for fast refills)! The fun often continues into the evening, as everyone celebrates the end of the school year and beginning of summer.
Everyone is welcome!
On behalf of School Council, thank you for a great year! We wish everyone a safe and happy summer break!!!
We look forward to enjoying our first harvest from our learning garden – salad with our Pizza Lunch. Please send you child with their own bowl and fork to enjoy this tasty and healthy treat – while supplies last!!!
On Thursday, June 27 at 10:30 AM, we will have our final assembly of the year. We will share our awards for students (sports, Principal’s Award, Trustee Award) and say goodbye to staff who are leaving us. As students and staff will be in attendance, seating is available for parent(s)/guardian(s), but is limited to the viewing gallery area.
We say goodbye to the following staff;
- Our wonderful ECE in Rm 23, Ms. Amale Barrett-Holas, who will be on a leave of absence for the year
- Our wonderful ECE in Rm 25B, Ms. Mushonga, who will be on maternity leave
- Our wonderful ECE in Rm 24B, Mme Angele Poulin-Couvillon, who has been in an occasional role with us this year
- Our wonderful Lunch Room Supervisor, Mary Sitaridis-Visconti, who has accepted a new position with TDSB
- Our wonderful Mr. Brown (Grade 6 in Rm 12), who will be on a leave of absence next year
- Our wonderful Ms. Sacha Lewis (SK in Rm 25A), who will be on a leave of absence next year
- Our wonderful Ms. Amanda Nitti (Drama/Dance in Rm 11), who has been in a long-term occasional role with us this year
- Our wonderful Mme Sarah Walsh (Grade 1FI in Rm 6), who has been in a long-term occasional role with us
Some dates to take note of as we enter into the last week of school for the 2018/19 school year;
- Volunteer Tea on Tuesday, June 25 from 8:30 – 9:30 AM in front foyer
- Grade 6 CPR Training workshop on Tuesday, June 25 starting at 12:45 PM
- Final Pizza Lunch and Salad Day on Wednesday, June 26
- Awards and Farewell Assembly on Thursday, June 27 at 10:30 AM in gym
- Grade 6 Clap Out Thursday, June 27 at 2:45 PM
- Report Card and Class Placement information go home on Thursday, June 27
- Incoming Junior Kindergarten class (2019-20) placement and staggered entry date mailed out June 27
- PA Day on June 28 – no school for students, staff working on School Improvement Planning and closing out files for school-year end
- Office open July 2-5, and is then closed for the summer
- Office re-opens August 26
- First day of school for 2019-20 is Tuesday, September 3 for Grades SK-6, and staggered for new JKs
To all of our Grade 5 & 6 parents who helped to make our Grade 6 Graduation evening a night to remember, we express our sincerest thanks for all your hard work in making the event so special for our students. From the spectacular Hollywood-themed set up in the gym, to all the wonderful food and refreshments provided, your efforts and care made the evening a great success. Thank you on behalf of all the staff and students at Palmerston.
June 26, PALMERSTON SALAD DAY
The learning garden is thriving and we are celebrating our first harvest! On June 26, during pizza lunch, there will be a salad bar with fresh greens and toppings. Send your kids with their own bowl and fork! This is an new initiative….so we need volunteers, metal salad tongs, big salad bowls! If you can help, please email Meggen at email@example.com
Ms. T, our teacher librarian thanks you for enjoying the library this year. Library circulation is now closed. If you have any library books at home please return them as soon as possible.