Dear Parents and Guardians,
Lots of things happening over the next few weeks!
On another note, we would like to send a special shout-out to all of our parents and staff for making last week’s Snowed-In event so special. It is one more thing, among many, that makes Palmerston such a special place.
Have a great week,
Matthew and Caitland
- Grade 4/5 Coed Ball Hockey tournament in Palmerston – February 5
- Grade 5 Girls Volley Ball tournament at Palmerston – February 6
- Pizza Lunch – February 7
- Grade 6 Ball Hockey Team away – February 7
- Grade 5 Boys Volleyball tournament at Palmerston – February 7
- Grade 6 Girls Basketball tournament at Palmerston – February 9
- Grade 6 Boys Volleyball away – February 9
- Danceathon (more details to follow) – February 14
- Term One Report Cards home – February 14
- Interview Day – No School – February 16
- Optional Attendance Deadline – February 16
- Family Day – No School – February 19
- Staffing Updates
- Optional Attendance Deadline for Junior Kindergarten
- Spring Forward
- A Message from Trustee Malik
Our Grade 2 French Immersion teacher, Megan Oxford, will be going on a Leave of Absence starting on January 29. Please join us in welcoming Alice Kreger who will be replacing Ms. Oxford.
Optional Attendance Deadline for Junior Kindergarten
This applies to families who:
- currently live outside the Palmerston Avenue catchment area
- wish to enrol their pre-JK child in the Palmerston English JK program for September 2018
- their pre-JK child (that they wish to enrol) is NOT enrolled at Palmerston Community Daycare Centre
In order for your child to be considered, you must fill out an Optional Attendance Form and submit it to the Palmerston school office by February 16.
For specific details, please see the Blog posted on January 22.
There will be a Spring Forward Planning Meeting on Wednesday, January 31 at 5:00 in Ms. Andrachuk’s classroom (Room 15). All those who are interested in volunteering are invited to attend. This will be a planning meeting so feel free to bring your ideas and thoughts to this brainstorming session.
A Message from Trustee Malik
- Jean Lumb Public School & TDSB Information Session
- Date: Wednesday January 31st 2018
- Time: 6:30PM to 8:30PM (Doors at 6:00PM)
- Location: 23 Spadina Ave (Entrance at Navy Wharf) – map
Join this important information session about the new Jean Lumb Public School ( K to Gr. 8 ), opening in 2019 in CityPlace, as well as current local school options in our area and special programs in the TDSB.
Everyone is welcome! Child care provided. Refreshments will be served.
Please register for this free event. Registration is on a first come, first served basis:
2) Space Forum: Special TDSB Ward Council Meeting
- Date: Tuesday February 6th 2018
- Time: 6:30PM to 9:00PM
- Location: Ogden Junior Public School, 33 Phoebe St – map (https://goo.gl/maps/ohmLr3FT8iG2)
Join this important forum to learn about school space utilization and use, and the future of our neighbourhood schools. The information from this session will help inform your school’s feedback to me for the annual Long Term Planning and Accommodation Strategy meeting.
3) Your school’s input on long-term planning – Share Your Views (form attached)
This feedback form is an opportunity to provide important insights from your school that will contribute to making this planning process work best for our students, schools and communities.
Please work with your school community to complete and submit this form by Friday February 9th 2018.
Submit completed form by e-mail to Trustee Ausma Malik at email@example.com, or fill in online at, http://bit.ly/PlanningFeedback