Dear Parents and Guardians,
I sent out this blog earlier in the week but for some reason many parents did not receive it – so I am resending.
Apologies for the delay and any inconvenience.
Have a good weekend,
Matthew and Caitland
- Pizza Lunch – December 6
- School Council Meeting – December 6 at 6:30
- Palmerston Avenue Community Daycare Festival of Lights Fundraiser – December 6 from 6:30 to 8:30
- Ward 10 Planning Meeting – December 6 at 6:30 (please see below for more information)
- Fall Session Chess club – last day is December 13
- Kindergarten Winter Concert – December 14 at 2:30
- Grades 1-6 Winter Concert – December 14 at 6:00
- Scholastic Book Fair – week of December 18 – 22
- Pizza Lunch – December 20
- Last day of school before Winter Break – December 22
- First day back after Winter Holidays – January 8
- Palmerston Community Daycare Festival of Lights Fundraiser
- Winter Concerts
- A Message from the Social Justice League
- A Message from Trustee Ausma Malik – Ward 10 Planning Meeting: Equitable Postsecondary Pathways
- Mad Science – Online Registration Now Open for January 2018 Programming
- Lunch Lady update
Palmerston Community Daycare Festival of Lights Fundraiser
Please click on the link below for more information.
Palmerston will be staging two Winter Concerts this year. Kindergarten students will be performing on December 14 at 2:30, and Grades 1-6 students will be performing that evening at 6:00.
A Message from Mme Roebuck and The Social Justice League
Do your kids have old clothes that they’ve outgrown? Do they have pants or shorts that are stained or shirts that are torn?
Bring them in to school to raise money for Christie Refugee Centre.
The Social Justice League has teamed up with a group called Bag2School. Bag2School is a program that takes old clothes and either reuses them or turn them into something else.
Old sweaters could be stuffing for a new pillow. Old jeans could be part of a new jacket. Old mittens could be part of a new scarf. This is all part of an initiative to divert textile waste from landfill. And it’s an excellent example of the 3R’s.
Just send your old clean clothes to school in a bag and have your child drop them in the big bin in the foyer. On Tuesday December 5, representative from Bag2School will come to Palmerston and weigh our clothes donations.
Then, they will pay us based on the weight. The more clothes we bring, the more money we can raise.
We are looking for: CLEAN Tshirts, blouses, pants, socks, shoes, coats, mittens, scarves, towels, backpacks, pillows, bedsheets, even belts and purses.
Bag2School will visit Palmerston on December 5 to weigh our donations.
Clear out some clutter before the holidays, and give what you can. Thanks in advance for your participation.
A Message from Trustee Ausma Malik – Ward 10 Planning Meeting: Equitable Postsecondary Pathways
The meeting will take place on Wednesday, December 6, 2017, 6:30pm to 9:00pm, at Central Technical School, Room 208 (725 Bathurst St. Toronto, ON).
Together, we will be planning a series of events on the topic of Equitable Postsecondary Pathways. The events will begin in January/February 2018 to May 2018 and will be open to parents of children at every grade level.
Your participation will be invaluable to contribute to the planning and execution of this project. At this meeting, we will also be forming the core organizing committee, which will include representation from parent representatives, student representatives, senior administration and local principals.
Refreshments will be served at the meeting. If you need child care and/or interpretation, please let me know.
If you are interested, please email Trustee Malik at email@example.com for more information.
Mad Science – Online Registration Now Open for January 2018 Programs
Please note that this program is accessible to everyone! If the cost of this program is a barrier please contact the Mad Science office and indicate you need alternative placement. No questions asked! Please click on the link below for more information.
Lunch Lady Update